Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Family and Friends

I lost my beloved husband (of 32 years) in 2002. And just like then it is so important to have family and friends around you. They do not have to say anything, just be there and may be listen to what you have to say. It is important and heartwarming to feel that people care and are in your corner; whether you lost your husband or discovered a dangerous disease. Especially if you, like I, are living alone; you get depressed; there is no immediate close relative that leaves with you that you can share your concerns with. And you are blessed if you have family and friends. I will share my uplifting stories with you a little later.
New Perception
I always thought that there is so much diseases and suffering in the world; you only have to open newspapers or listen to news or follow the lives of persons you know. So when I discovered that I have cancer my question was: Why not me, I am not immune!... However there may be a reason and I would like to find it. I believe in God and after a while I realized that one possible reason could be that He sends us something, perceived by us, as horrible, to teach us that the only help we can obtain comes from Him and nobody else. Contemplating over my life I always wanted to be in charge, do what I wanted or deemed necessary and now "Oops" there is not much (actually nothing) that I can do. Then comes acceptance and a beautiful prayer: "Thy will be done!..."(that is part of Lord's prayer) and you finally realize how powerful these words are. You take care of this situation and let me do what You want me to do.

No comments: