Sunday, October 12, 2008

Care after the Operation

I have a friend that became my friend in 1945 in high school. I went to her house for the first 5 days after the operation. I think it is very comforting to have someone to talk to and not concentrate on your pain and what will be next. For once I did not feel like eating. If you are of "young age" remember that Medicare takes care of visiting nurse service, if your doctor prescribes it. Now if by any chance you are a diabetic it is very possible that your wound will heal very slowly.
There are also some people who are on special drugs for other diseases whose wounds do not heal fast. I can take the pain as long as they - doctors are not working inside of me; but they prescribe anti pain medicine and it is bearable. After 5 days I went home and managed quite well; it is good to have friends who can drop by and whom you can call. In my case because of my controlled diabetes I developed infection at the site of my wound. My operation was on 24th of July and I still (Oct. 13) have discharge from the wound which prevents me to have another small operation for installation of infusion port (for chemo therapy).

1 comment:

Andy Ilachinski said...

Your blog is looking great Mamuulia...as soon as you've posted a few more entries, we will start "advertising" to other blogs. You will be helping a great number of people with your story.