Tuesday, April 7, 2009

6th chemo therapy

The 6th chemo therapy and hopefully the last one was done on Wednesday April 1st.
It is possible that what they give has an accumulative effect, because it really hit me with all sorts of side effects harder than the last one. Metallic taste and inability to eat
anything, weakness, and nausea despite the drugs given against it with chemo, diarrhea and constipation... Fun
Now they have a new blood test which tells them if there are any tumors in your body which will be done on 15th of April; then on 22 of April Pet scan of the whole body while they inject you with nuclear medicine.
If I am lucky and the tests will be negative - then they will give me an estrogen fighting pill every day for 5 years and of course monitor me - take blood and flash my portal. Even at my "young age" the body still produces estrogen.


No comments: