Thursday, February 26, 2009

5th CHEMO IS NEXT WEEK

Last week was moderately painful - my right leg was swollen and I had difficulty moving;
but compared with the first time - it was easier.
I wonder is it really easier or I am just getting used to it.
In addition I developed urinary infection and had to take antibiotics for 7 days; also was hit first with diarrhea and after a week with constipation.
Since it was rather cold in my part of the country, I primarily stayed at home and occupied myself with Internet, translation work, TV, reading, telephone conversations and occasional visits from friends.
Next week the next chemo is going to be administrated.
I pray everyday for friends and acquaintances who have cancer and every few days my list grows longer. Recently a very lovely and caring lady discovered she has melanoma near her spine; she was operated on and now has to wait for the results of the lymph node tests. Evidently she was told to check with dermatologist, but being very busy postponed it - just I like did.
Please please do not procrastinate and see a medical doctor and check it out whatever it is!
I also went to "Lilly's " Bra Shop for couple of hours and met over the telephone a very nice young lady, mother of two small children. This lady went for her yearly check up and a little later discovered a lump and had double mastectomy. I advised her about places where she can get wigs.
Speaking of wigs - I bought myself a beautiful wig that I like so much. Imagine an old lady that is so vain that she does not want to take her blond wig off! But I feel young at hearth.

1 comment:

Andy Ilachinski said...

You're in the home stretch Mamuulia! Two more and that's it. You should ask the nurce who administers the chemo to give you a "memento" (a syringe, tubing, gauze, whatever)...not to keep but to use at "chemo burning" party after your last treatment. Kind'a like a latter-day "mortgage burning" ceremony to celebrate!